I figure this is a pretty appropriate 1st post for a tool that is really just about stalking my friends/letting them stalk me.
10 Essentials, in no particular order.
1. My Bedtime. I have no fixed hour but I seriously look forward to this every day.
2. Hair anti-frizz/curl shaping leave-in CREAM. I discovered the joy of this in Mexico where hair is a big deal and where Pantene offers products 10x more wondrous than their sister versions in the US and Canada. In the US/Can. I use Garnier, Sunsilk or Sedal - they are all similar and work well. Recently however, my go-to brands have been shifting away from cream and are now marketing gels, mousse and worse -- cream+gel mixed in a can. I've tried it. Its TERRIBLE. I really hope they don't move away from the cream because I would be lost without it!
3. Hot Beverages. Tea. Coffee. Hot Chocolate. Anything else. There really is no better way to start your day, wind down, or simply feel cozy than with a hot drink.
4. Libraries with Big Tables. A big wooden table for you by yourself, or maybe shared with one or two other people. Whether you're friends working on the same project or strangers who've never seen each other before, the table makes working feel communal while still leaving room to spread out.
5. Maps. Honestly. Any map of any place. I could look at it all day.
6. The Pool. I'll be the first to admit I don't go as often as I would like but when I do go, it's so liberating and refreshing. One of the most upsetting things about graduating is that my free access to the pool expires
7. Seasons. One of the many things I have discovered in the past few years is that I am incredibly weather-oriented. So many emotions, memories, conceptions and ideas are tied to winter, spring, summer and fall. Their cycle helps me organize time and the unpredictability of daily weather breaks what might otherwise be a monotonous schedule. Wherever I end up living permanently, it will definitely be a place with 4 distinct seasons.
8. My Computer Keyboard. Bought in Montréal, it lets me write accents without having to insert them or remember insane shortcuts.
9. Driving. Aside from family and friends, if there is one thing I miss about living in NJ it`s driving. Any time of year, although especially in the summer, I love getting behind the wheel and going.
10. The Internet. I know many of you have already said this, but its true for me also. This amazing invention has been keeping me up to date with friends, family, current events and dumb/funny videos since about 1999.
5 Pet Peeves/Things The Would Could Do Without, in no particular order either
1. Straight Across Bangs that Only Reach the Middle of Your Forehead or Less, I've never believed this looks good. Bangs should be longer or they should not be at all.
2. Un-Clean Teeth. I'm not picky about straight teeth vs. not but please, brush your teeth daily. Half-ass scrubbing once a week shows. Your teeth get coated in yellow plaque, your gums swell and it's gross. Not to mention bad for your health.
3. That Time of the Month. Pretty self-explanatory.
4. When the Bus Doesn't Come. I don't know why, but this causes me a grossly disproportionate amount of anger. I wish there was a way they could tell you when the 10:05 bus wasn't going to come so you would know to walk/take the metro/take a cab instead of standing there waiting another 30 minutes for the next one, all the while hoping the one that never showed up will at some point.
5. Rude Strangers. I love when strangers are friendly or when sales people smile and wish you a good day. However, when people act as though your (or any other stranger's) presence, whether in their store or restaurant, in the metro or in the street, was somehow the cause of all the world's problems, I for whatever reason can't easily dismiss it and will generally think about it again at different points throughout the day.
30
10 years ago
how's that for crazy-eyed stalking? 4 minutes flat !
ReplyDeleteDamn you`re fast hahaha
ReplyDeleteYay! Now you have a virtual life I can stalk in real time. This is so exciting!
ReplyDeleteYay for blogs and stalking friends :) Love you, Pascale!
ReplyDeleteHA! i got here from Tracy's blog, and thought to myself, "is this pascale?"
ReplyDelete- all the elements are there, Montreal, NJ, curly hair, maps....but Lindsay's comment sealed the deal. HOW IS THAT for stalking. holla. haha :) Hi Pascale! Like your list!
your tool for stalking has now become my tool for knowing that you're alive!
ReplyDeleteokay...so now you actually have to use this
ReplyDeletehahaha i know i know, i will!
ReplyDelete